Tax receipt (for Belgium)
The tax receipt, which allows for a tax reduction on donations, must satisfy a number of legal conditions:
- Donations must be sent by the donor, from his/her own account directly to the Oxfam-Solidarity asbl account, BE37 0000 0000 2828 (BIC : BPOTBEB1), with the reference: « 6103-OPW Team + team number – donation ».
- This applies to bank transactions via the team page on the Oxfam Trailwalker website as well as to traditional bank transfers, and home or internet banking transfers.
- A tax receipt will be issued, when the sum of all donations made to Oxfam-Solidarité throughout the same year are equal to or over 40 €.
- We submit the tax receipt electronically to the tax authorities so it will appear automotically on your Tax-on-web form. The tax receipt allows for a 45% tax reduction on the total value of all donations of the previous year.
- The tax receipt is also sent by post to the donor in March of that same year.
- The beneficiary of the tax receipt is the person linked to the donor’s bank account and cannot be changed afterwards.
- Companies, subject to corporation tax, are also entitled to a tax reduction for donations. The procedure is similar.